Tuesday, December 14, 2010

All About Me~ The Christmas Version

Since yesterday's post was a tad heavy, I thought it would be fun to lighten it up a little...

Favorite Christmas music: Love listening to choral music (Oxford and Cambridge choir singers), The Nutcracker Suite, acoustic anything, and this Charlie Brown is always fun.

Favorite song or carol: The Little Drummer Boy, While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night, The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting). I'll always think of my grandma when I hear Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer (we dressed her up one year while she sat on Santa's lap) Just a few of my favorites.

Christmas songs that bug me: Santa Baby and Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.

Favorite Christmas beverage: I can only have a tiny bit of eggnog. Too rich and I'm not a huge nutmeg fan. I guess I'm just a cocoa person.

Favorite smells of Christmas: The (real) Christmas tree in the living room, fresh cut boughs on the mantel, gingerbread boys and girls baking in the oven.


Favorite picture of me on Santa's lap:

Red or Green: I'm a red person all the way.

Wrapping paper or bags: I love to wrap. It's more time consuming, but I love to sit alone in my bedroom (with the door locked) and wrap with a movie on in the background. Especially love plain brown craft paper (variations are fun, like country plaid) and I'm especially loving this year's tan with simple white snowflakes on top tied with white ribbon.

Ever been kissed under the mistletoe? Never, but there's always hope.

Favorite childhood presents: Getting my very own box (wrapped) of my favorite cereal,


a microscope one year was neat, "Moon Boot" slippers, Grandma Fay's gift that I'll never forget was a GI Joe Indian Man. (I loved playing with that guy under the dining room table.) My all time favorite was the female version of Evel Knieval stunt rider. Boy, did I have fun with that. Especially taking it later Christmas Day to Momo's and making hills and "jumps" with the rug in her basement. The coolest toy ever.



Favorite Christmas story or book: I love and keep a huge basket of Christmas books. I buy a nice hardback every year. There's so many I love, but I think this one is my all time favorite. Every time I read this to the kids, I cry. I want to sob. I love it so much. Did you know there's a little film of it, too?


Memorable Christmas: Those special ones we had in Portugal in the 80's, (I feel a post coming on with that one.) the magic I felt when the kids were little and we made all their presents, the time I was sick in bed with strep throat.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet memories! My favorite Christmas song: "Silent night" or "Noite Feliz". Love to hear my Mom sing it and sang everytime I was transfere in my mission. Most memorable Christmas present a stuffed bulldog toy that I found ugly and didn't want but remain with me for many years and became sweet to me!I Love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gingerbread people! How cute!

    ReplyDelete