Thursday, December 23, 2010

...the Christmas rush is through

It's been a whirlwind of activity around here. Busy, but all good.

I've been working hard to make Christmas special. I know you all have been, too. Been wondering if all I'm doing is worth it. If it's not only blessing others, but myself as well. I'm concluding, like I do every year, that it does makes me happy, even when I do get tired, using my talents in this manner. When I can show my love to my dearest friends, my kind neighbors and fellow church members, good people who make an impact on my kids lives, those people who might be overlooked and who might be glad to be remembered by me. It gives me a deeply satisfying feeling visiting, sharing, and loving this way.


Things are winding down now. Baking is DONE. (Well, maybe. I might still make some cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning and some Divine Buns for dinner later at Grandpa's. There's always somthing.)

Can you imagine baking 16 loaves of bread in one afternoon? Well, it can be done.

And then... still have energy to go to two high school basketball games, in between delivering more goodies.

Needless to say, we came home and crashed with some Chinese take-out.

Gifts are all wrapped and sitting under the tree. I love this year's wrapping paper, don't you? So pretty.

Packages were sent yesterday. Better late than never. I was glad Keith took that job over this year. I loved how he had little pictures of Nana (his mother died last spring) in little silver frames for all the grandchildren, along with a crisp $10 bill to go toward pajamas. (That was the gift she gave to us every year.)

Isaac and I had a fun time together yesterday, baking half of the sugar cookie dough.

We'll finish up the rest with the other kids today.

I also put together these little jars of raspberry butter. This stuff is the yummiest. Every one who tries it says the same. Definitely a power punch to homemade bread and rolls.
Would you like the recipe? It's way easy.
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. raspberry jam
1 t. vanilla
1/2 lb. butter, softened
With an electric mixer, beat ingredients until very smooth. Store in the fridge.

Today's plan: off to play with my kids, maybe take a nap, maybe read, maybe go for a walk.
Ahhh.



2 comments:

  1. A basket of love and delight, a shoulder to cry on, a ear to listen...that is balm in its pure form. It is worth it because expresses you...your best, your sacrifice of time and energy! Its your rush to keep yourself whole in this challenging world! Rest well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete