Thursday, December 16, 2010

Decking the Halls

Well, things are starting to shape up around here. Yep, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, too. Starting to feel it now, and I like it.


Would you like to come inside and take a little tour?


Come on in.

I sure love the natural wreath and garland I get at Costco every year. I don't know what I'll do if they ever stop carrying them.

I made these stockings a few years ago after discovering mice poop all over the old ones (that I made, as well. GRRRR...) that had been stored in a box out in the garage. I learned my lesson- nothing like that will get put out there ever again!

This wooden bowl of potpouri welcomes you at the door with the smells of Christmas. I like to occasionally sprinkle in a blend of holiday essential oils to freshen it up a little.

A little show and tell, okay? I brought these dishes home from the trips we've taken recently to Portugal. I love the traditional blue and white. During Christmas time, I like to open up the hutch and drape this colorful table runner down the door. I got it in Wisconsin at a little Amish food co-op store. LOVE.

I made these Santas out of paper mache about seventeen years ago. I'm not sure I'm ambitious enough to do something like this again. A fun and satisfying project.

We finally got the tree up yesterday. I'll show that and some of the nativities I have collected over the years sometime soon.

Thanks for stopping by.
Y'all come back now, ya hear??


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! There is something about decorating a house that adds to the spirit of Christmas, it brings recognition of the season and visual delight! Everything looks so beautiful and hommy! I love it Emily!

    ReplyDelete