Friday, December 31, 2010

some lessons from 2010



~locks and barriers don't always deter intruders and invaders.

~time, talk, and touch equals love to my children.

~judging others can be very harmful and hurtful.

~not homeschooling my children doesn't mean I don't love them any less or that I'm not a diligent mother. Others can teach, love, bless, and inspire my children.

~true learning and education is often self-driven.

~children can be taught, trained, and loved by devoted parents, but are still able to make their own decisions and choices, which allow them to use their God-given gift of agency. Children are born individuals.

~life is fragile. Death can come at any time to any person.

~things can change in the blink of an eye. They can also profoundly change without one even being fully aware that change is taking place.

~friendship is a gift to be cherished and nourished to flourish and be sustained. Things like age, proximity, nationality, and religion aren't determining factors for me.

~nature is very healing.

~things don't always go as planned. Life is never perfect. Let go of this idea.

~people suffer behind their smiles and outer images.

~God's love for me is not based on what I do or accomplish. He loves me unconditionally, purely, perfectly. He doesn't allow bad things to happen in my life to punish me. He always wants what is best for me and for my growth. Even, and especially, when I have to learn His lessons through sorrow or trial.

~breathing deeply is calming, cleansing, and centering.

~laughter is good for my soul. For everyone's soul.

~tears can be purifying.

~there are alternative, natural methods of healing that really do help, without harmful side effects.

~"slow" is often better than "fast".

~expectations of and praise from others can lead to feelings of disappointment. Let it go.

~expressing gratitude is necessary for peace and happiness.

~that it's really a "small world after all".

~I can do hard things. Impossible things I thought I could never do.

~kindness heals. Criticism kills.
~health is a blessing.

~my body is a temple. It is a gift. It can do miraculous things. It can and has served me well. There are some things I can't, even with all the best care and attention I can give, change about it. I can accept and love the way it is right now.

~God will always provide. He will carry me. He will never fail me. His loving care is a constant that will never change or alter. To know this, I need eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart that feels. He will, in His own time and in His own way, send those special "angels" and messages I need that can help in my times of need.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet lessons because your heart is willing Emily! Our sould is full of possibility and I love you for that! Happy New Year, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing !
    When it comes to Health, Safety and Environment solutions, Poshe Solutions Pvt. Ltd is the leading institute for all international safety courses.
    Nebosh course in chennai
    Nebosh courses in chennai
    Nebosh in Chennai
    Nebosh IGC in Chennai
    Iosh Ms in Chennai
    Iosh courses in Chennai

    ReplyDelete