Monday, January 10, 2011

Sweet Sunday Nights


Last night was a gift.
A welcome gift of calm
coming after a few days of difficulty.
Heart-to-heart talk with a son,
tears and
a joyful discovery.
A long, sweet hug
at the end.
Many hands make light work
in dinner preps and clean-up.
Happy game of Clue
warmed by laughter
and the fireplace.
Mom, show me some stretches
for my sore knee.
I'll rub a little boy's back and
Dad will rub mine
later.
Making plans and treats
Preparation and
readiness
for the upcoming week.
~
I love Sunday nights.
They are renewing.
We re-connect once again.
An exhale.
So nice to have us all
home.
No pulls from the outside.
Just us.
Such a nice, peaceful feeling
in our house
those evening hours
last night.
Something I wish I could capture
in my hands
and not let go.

1 comment:

  1. It is a day of rest! Love the unity in our family!

    ReplyDelete