Monday, February 28, 2011

a good day

I liked this day. Lots of goodness. A very nice way to start the week.


Gary finally found a car worth buying. He's so relieved that the search is over. It was the car he had his eye on Saturday. He took it to Tunex and it passed with a clean bill of health. Cute '99 Honda Accord. Gary paid for his first set of wheels with his own money. Isaac and I went to the dealership with him so he could pick it up. (He's had my van since yesterday.) I watched as he got in and started it up and pulled away. Perma-grin all the way. It was so cute. A little tug at my heartstrings, if you know what I mean.



You'd never guess that Isaac was sick over the weekend. He's doing great and it's a relief that no one else is sick. (Keeping my fingers crossed.) I decided that instead of doing school, it might be a good idea to let him take it easy today. He spent the day reading, drawing, and playing with his blocks.

It was a full blown baking day for me. I loved it.



Portuguese Broa bread. Hearty wheat/cornmeal peasant type loaf. It will go very well tonight's dinner of Tuscan beans with sausages and spinach.


A dozen whole grain tortillas made yummy with a little added flax, garlic, and chili powder. These will be nice to have stocked in the freezer.

Pita bread is always fun to make. See how cool it is when it inflates?
(Don't look at my messy oven, okay?)

These pita are so soft. I can't seem to buy the cardboard store kind after making these homemade ones.
Now, I'm off to pick up Keith from work, and hopefully, I'll get a run in tonight while the kids are doing the dishes.
Happy Monday, friend!


3 comments:

  1. I would love to see how you make pita bread, I've always wanted to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto - the pita bread looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to remember to share the pita making love the next time, you guys.xo

    ReplyDelete