Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Cutout For Keith

I love to create with my hands. I get such satisfaction this way. Hopefully I'll have my own little studio (in the upstairs bedroom that's now being occupied) someday for all things creative. It's an important facet for a well lived life.
~
I wanted to give something to Keith that was from my heart for Valentine's Day. One of my favorite things to do is paper cutting. I've dabbled in it over the years. It's a very relaxing, inexpensive, and fulfilling craft for me. All you need is a pattern, (It's fun to make up your own design, especially when cutting intricate snowflakes.) tiny sharp scissors, an exacto knife, and a self healing mat.
~
This design from Martha Stewart took me about an hour and a half. I did it while Keith was at the basketball game. Earlier in the day, I found the perfect frame at Hobby Lobby for half price.

When he got home, we were talking in our bedroom. Talking about something that's been a very emotional, growing time for me. Talking about how much support he's given me.
~
I couldn't resist giving this to him a day early.
~
He looked at it for the longest time. He says these are the types of gifts that he loves the most.
~
These and oatmeal raisin cookies.

2 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful! What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift you have - I am sure you'll keep it for future valentines celebrations, it will be a great decoration for the house - I see it as a family heirloom! "Gifts from the heart". You are such a loving couple and I feel blessed to know you. Love both your integrity and sincerity. It has blessed me all these years!

    ReplyDelete