Tuesday, March 15, 2011

evening views from Gary's fancy camera

The UPS truck made a stop here today. Gary's camera - a fancy, shmansie DSLR Canon EOS Rebel T1i came. He's way happy. I'm way jealous. But, still. I'm excited for him.

I'm glad he came over and tested it out. I was kind of feeling uninspired with my blog posting for the day. Not a lot to share. I was so full of energy last week and weekend, and now I feel tired somehow. Anyway.

Here are some glimpses of the goings on at dinnertime.



It ended up being a nice day. Pretty warm, too. Isaac seemed like he liked being outside.

The yard and garden are calling my name. I'm itching to get my hands in the dirt. To plant the early spring stuff. I really need to pull out the old stuff from the garden boxes. To rake up all the last leaves of fall. Hoping that Keith can get out and till.

Jane had violin this afternoon. Eliza was in charge of the salad. I made a good pot of soup this afternoon for supper when we got home. Simmered an onion, a pound of asparagus, some red potatoes, and a few stalks of celery. Pureed it chunky style after the vegetables were soft. Added some cornstarch and a couple cans of coconut milk and seasoning. Oh, and I added some chopped marinated artichoke hearts at the end. Can't go wrong with artichoke hearts. Turned out very good and still vegan (so I can stay with the program.)

I also mixed up some bread dough before we left. Thought I'd do something I've never done. I made some Naan flatbread. I just took a hunk of dough, smashed it into a round, heated the pan over medium heat and swirled some oil in the pan.


Placed it in and let it cook for a few minutes on both sides with the lid on to create steam. This was so easy. I can't wait to make more. Kind of crispy and chewy at the same time. Best eaten right from the pan. Hot. The kids were in heaven as this was mostly made with white flour. I ran out of time and didn't have time to grind my wheat.
White bread is like cake around here.

See the spot where I took a bite? I couldn't wait for Gary to take the picture first.

2 comments:

  1. okay - yes - that looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, work on get your own camera - I konw you would enjoy it greatly and use it to! The recipes sound so good! I gave up on Alan's help with the garden - just for some random space but with some hired help I was able to get things done - so I hope to plant earlier this year!

    ReplyDelete