Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gratitude Tuesday

~finally learning how to make oatmeal right after all these years.


~melting snow.



~warm, golden sunlight resting on snowy mountain glory.




~starting the chili (from scratch and enough for multiple meals. SCORE!) early in the day, leaving the busy afternoon freed up.


~taking the time to play a game with an eager, thankful little son.




~the delightful discovery of little, wriggly worms hiding under rocks in the garden.


~noontime check-in calls.


~a caring and always generous Mama giving so much from her heart to fill mine (ours). Today's abundance visit: a piano lesson, Salt Water Taffy to enjoy on the way home, a Baggie full of our favorite cookies (that only she can make), new "bling" to make me fancy, a tight hug, a kiss on the cheek, and a knowing, intimate "I love you, honey."


~two kids clamoring and crowding on the couch to see who gets to sit next to Mom.


~before bedtime homemade milkshakes.


~a seeking, grown man son laying down next to me before I turned out the light, wanting to share with him his day's work challenges. To look at and listen to him deeply.

3 comments:

  1. Those mountains are beautiful.

    I didn't know there was a wrong way to make oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Renee:

    Adding more water than I did before makes for not so mushy, gluey. Learned that from Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to learned some cooking tricks! I also love the way you take the time, really take the time to play with your kids - I can learn a lot from you! Your Mom's hugs are pretty special!

    ReplyDelete