Friday, June 24, 2011

Cleanse Update

Okay.

Just thought I'd update you on how things are going as far as the cleanse.When I wrote that last bit at 10:00am yesterday morning, I was feeling so good. Again, 1:00 pm came (the bewitching hour it seems) and things took a turn for the worse. I got the worst headache I think I've ever experienced. More nausea. More throw up. This time, the vomiting didn't bring relief. It could have been a migraine. Not sure if that's what you'd call it. Anyway, it was killer.

I tried to do everything I could think of to get rid of it. Drinking that dang apple juice just made me sicker. I rubbed some of Do Terra's Past Tense headache blend essential oil all over my neck and forehead and layed down. Usually that seems to help, but this time, it didn't quite cut it. I decided to wave my surrender flag and eat an apple, a few almonds, and some coconut water (for the electrolytes.) Finally, by 4:00, still going strong, I felt like maybe soaking in a hot bath with Epsom salts would help. I heard that that seems to pull the toxins out faster and helps with inflammation and muscle soreness. I also took 4 capsules of Dr. Christopher's pain relief and headache herbal formula, Stop Ache, and had Jane bring me up a hot cup of peppermint tea. I felt like maybe sweating out the yuckies might help. (I decided not to do Ibuprofen, knowing that it would be hard for my already sensitive stomach to handle.)

All in all, I'm glad I was moved and led to know what to do with this situation. I was was aware and reminded myself that this was just another sign of my body fully detoxing at its own pace and in its own way. Understanding and accepting that was helpful to me in dealing with this new "healing crisis".

Well, I was amazed that doing all those things brought so much relief. Most of the pain and nausea was gone. I was so relieved. I had the energy and ability to fold more laundry and start dinner. Decided on making a simple soup of onion, carrots, and potatoes pureed with a little chicken base, olive oil, and salt and pepper. We call it Portuguese soup and it's one of our favorites. It hit the spot for me, as well as for Keith and Jane who coincidentally have been dealing with a stomach bug the last few days. (Poor us.)

As of right now, my head still hurts a little. Seems like the pain is collected in one clump on the upper side of my head. It'll be okay.

In review, I know that the head ache was a huge detox sign. I've heard that one will experience ups and downs in this whole process. All I can say about this experience was that it was hard. Just thinking of apple juice makes me sick. Also, I'm amazed at how the body knows the way to clean and heal itself, if moved in the right direction.

My body's a gift. And it really does come down to the fact that it's ultimately my responsibility to take care of it. Whatever it takes.

Hope this helps.

1 comment:

  1. I heard from Allison P. that this cleasongs can give a lots of headaches. It seems like all that acidity forces the liver and bladder to work overtime. I am glad you brave it through. Hey I can do portuguese soup! It might be the timing also, after the race - usually running push out the toxins. Sincerely, I am suprised you have any, so good you are taken care of your body!

    ReplyDelete