Friday, June 10, 2011

Daughter, Teacher, Friend



A gift
The daughter
dreamed of
Her cries
quieted, soothed
by holding her bosom close
With trepidation
I explore
I wonder
unwrap her
exposed
such long toes
just like her Father's
such long tapered fingers
not knowing
they were made
to one day
pluck and press
those strings
so beautifully.
That cute little tilt of the head
high chair spaghetti faced squeals
a joy bringer.
Braids so tight
so watchful
so trusting
learning from all she sees
in me.
Mother's little helper.




Now, today
the girl-child I once knew
blooming into
woman-daughter.
Needing me still
near
for closeness
for touch
for time
for talk
that won't change,
I see.
Relationship
slowly crystallizing into
mentor,
to friend.
Me to her
and now
her to me.

Happy Birthday, dear Jane.

Loving you always,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. <3 Beautiful! =) Happy Birthday, Jane! You both are amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is one of a kind! Glad to know her!

    ReplyDelete