Saturday, December 24, 2011

Finding Joy~ Day 24

Christmas Eve
 
Christmas Eve is very fun,
You get to wait for Christmas day.
It's hard to wait for the very best day.
Tick, tock, tick, tock goes the clock
Crackity, crackity goes the lock.
Why! That is Santa Claus filling my sock!

a poem by Isaac


Another day spent in the kitchen. More treats made with love to tuck into a few more gift baskets. Rice pudding ready to take to my parents house where we will gather tonight to feast Mexican style, play the goofy Left and Right game (it's tradition), exchange gifts, and enjoy being all together. It will be beautiful, as always.

Cinnamon rolls are baking in the oven for brunch tomorrow and the house smells lovely and feels cozy. Keith has been out and about since this morning doing his thing. Eliza is playing Picture a Christmas on the piano and it's nice to finally sit down and enjoy this moment. This calm.

Now, we wait in expectation, anticipation.

I hope you feel peace and joy, my friend. Today and tomorrow and the day after that. That's my Christmas wish for you. Thank you, each of you dear ones wherever you are in the world who visit here and let me share my life with you. I think about you and wish all the best to you and those you love.

So thankful, more and more each day, for that Light that gives my life meaning, joy, and hope.

The greatest gift of all.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for allowing us into your life as well through reading your beautiful blog and all about your beautiful family.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete