Saturday, December 31, 2011

some lessons from 2011


~ people can be prepared, whether it's through impressions, intuition, listening to the whisperings of the Spirit, for events or changes before they actually manifest.

~when it's over, it's over.

~trust your gut feelings.

~sometimes taking the unexpected, scary, and unknown path might turn out to be the journey the Maker always had in mind for you in the first place.

~this vegan way of eating can be very satisfying.

~there are so many good people in this world.

~trials and challenges really are instruments in learning and growth.

~people, relationships, and feelings are more important than programs, procedures, and protocol.

~everyone has some kind of inward and unseen insecurity, doubt, and struggle not apparent or manifested on the outside.

~distancing myself from God, doubting His love and care only leads to bitterness.

~things never stay the same. People don't either.

~I can't change the past and I can't control what may happen in the future, but what I do have is today: living in the present, in the now. Peace and happiness is right before me if I can just see and remember this truth.

~sharing makes me happy.

~it can make all the difference in the world when you know and feel another's genuine and sincere love, interest, and care.

~there are certain people (earth angels, really) that come into your life right when you need them the most.

~people can change in unexpected, surprising new ways. Allow for patience, baby steps, time.

~a simple life is the best life.

~it's good, it's okay, and it's even important to be alone sometimes.

~it takes a conscious, deliberate effort to really see, to know, to capture my life. Opening my eyes to the beautiful, the happys, the simple blessings that make up a wonderful life is a choice.

~there are dormant, undiscovered talents and abilities, things about myself that I never knew were there.

~miracles can happen.

~the grace of God is always there, even with all I can do or can't do or won't do.

~interaction with others is crucial to a happy, balanced life. Even when you think you don't need it. Isolation and distancing oneself isn't always such a good thing.

~ "gratitude unlocks the fullness of life; it turns what we have into enough and more." Oh this is true.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I'm loving your posts throughout this holiday season. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. :)

    ReplyDelete