Wednesday, January 18, 2012

reviewing

Noticing: Rain falling. Cozy. Sound coming down through the fireplace.

Creating: Can you believe Eliza cranked this "commission" portrait of a friend at school just under an hour tonight, earning $50 in "Neider" bucks as part of their class economy. Earning "income" through payed classroom upkeep jobs, using entrepreneurial skills to barter or purchase hot ticket items like prime real estate (renting or owning preferred zones and desks) or like when Eliza bakes and sells her- especially popular with the 8th grade boys- homemade peanut butter cookies.  With all this, it doesn't surprise me one bit that Eliza has a monopoly now with owning and rent payed on the most desks in the room. You go, girl!


Preparing: made a big batch of fruit and nut energy bars to stock the freezer. (Jennifer, you inspired me!) First time and everyone giving them a thumbs up. After tonight's dinner, I made a chocolate sheet cake for tomorrow's funeral luncheon. (Boyd, our dear neighbor and fellow church member who passed away last Friday.)  I'll be helping in the kitchen most of the afternoon tomorrow.



Listening: Coldplay, Keane, Rachmaninoff, Dave Brubeck (Jazz pianist).

Eating: Breakfast was a big bowl of fruit before my run, followed by a sprouted English muffin topped with almond butter, banana slices, and a drizzle of maple syrup later mid morning. Lunch was leftover taco salad from last night. Dinner was veggie stir fry noodles with spicy orange sauce and a tangerine.

Exercising: nice 6 mile run this morning. Again, no jacket and discarded my beanie mid run. Excited to see Jane's status on Facebook tonight: Nothing feels more refreshing as a run in the rain. Whoo-hoo. That's my girl.

Feeling and Wishing: I could feel a little more inspiration with this here blog space. I guess I'm in a dry spell or rut, but I know it's only a phase. Not sure if anyone finds my day-to-day engaging, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Entertaining: I feel like I'm the last person on earth to see the popular Masterpiece Theater Downton Abbey series. Disappointed this afternoon that I missed seeing the first season (free online download) a day too late. Darn.

Reading: Finished my monastery book yesterday and am getting near the conclusion of The House of Tyneford I picked up last week at Costco. Not surprised that Mom also picked it up; it appealing to both of us at the same time. Isaac is putting the pressure on me big time to read the City of Ember sequel he just finished and loved. Taking him all but one day.

Loving: that I was able to have a good long talk on the phone with my sister Sara. So worried about her, as she is now bedridden with a stress fracture to her hip. No fall and she's younger than me. Busy mom of four. Wishing there was a way I could go out and help her.

6 comments:

  1. Reading Emily's Blog (my most commonly used bookmark)
    Hoping one day I'll be a mom like her.
    Beyond impressed at Eliza's talents! Wow!!.. wow!!
    Wishing to run like them. Breezing through 6 miles, rain on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day-to-day insights are always interesting! Talent always brings their rewards, go Eliza! I can't imagine Sara down, must be chewing her raw! Delicious magic you are stiring up in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate your day to day reflections...

    Downton Abbey, how I love thee! :) Season 1 is on Netflix if you are.

    grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is an amazing picture. wow. i wish i could go run this morning - things have changed. ice has settled in making being outside kinda unsafe. i didn't watch the first season of downton abbey. i feel pretty caught up. we watched the episodes on-demand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what talent Eliza has! That is gorgeous. (I hope she is feeling better.)

    It's a good time of year for some bars, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never commented before but wanted you to know that I also enjoy your daily insights. And thanks for the link to jennifers blog. Im going to be making the banana oat chia pudding tonight for tomorrows breakfast!

    ReplyDelete