Monday, March 26, 2012

cozy inside



I was amazed this morning at how dark it was. Those low black clouds looked something ominous. As soon as breakfast was over, lunches made, and sending them all off, I honestly felt like crawling back into bed.

But I didn't.

The bed was already made.



Needless to say I didn't have it in me to face my Monday morning run.

I guess this changeable weather is typical of the season. One minute the sun is shining, and the next thing you know, it's blustery and snowing out. That's how today's been- even had to turn on the fireplace to warm up a little. I guess we'll see if March goes out like lamb or a lion. Isaac reminded me of this just a minute ago.


Some days I like the quiet and some days it gets to me. Now that Gary's quit his job, he's home most mornings. Today, he listened and followed along with some church sermons in Finnish. I was doing my own thing with my reading and dish washing duty. Why do I always get left with the big pans no one wants to tackle from dinner(s) the night(s) before?

I did go out later this morning. Someone took/stole Sam's school uniform tie a couple of weeks ago when he took it off in the gym shooting baskets. One minute it was on the floor by his backpack, the next minute, gone. Whoever heard of a tie being stolen? No sign of it in the lost and found, either. I guess they are a hot commodity at his school. I guess it could be worse.

Anyway, I saved the day for Sam and picked up a new one to drop off at the front office. Next to that amazingly long line of McDonald's sacks brought in because someone forgot or needed a lunch.

The weather's calmed down a bit since this morning and the kids are out riding their bikes. I've got my apron on. The baked beans are cooking away in the oven for dinner.

Nice and cozy here.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the way you trick yourself by making the bed! Isn't nice days in? I woke up at 5:30 AM and had almost 2 hrs to myself - love this time to gaze out the window!

    ReplyDelete