Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome March


We're inching a little closer to spring. Can you feel it where you are?

We've actually had some cold and snowy weather here these last few days. I don't mind it, knowing that we really did have such a mild winter. It is nice, however, to think about a new month and a new season.

There are signs of change all around if you look close enough. I love bringing bits of it inside for our seasonal corner.

This is one of my favorite months of the year. A quiet sense of anticipation. Stirrings of rebirth.

Just yesterday I was thinking how blessed we've been not to have experienced hardly any sickness in our family this winter. It seems that whenever I think that, wouldn't you know it, the next day there's a turn for the worse.

Eliza and Isaac both stayed home from school today with slight fevers and coughs. I've been on standby providing backrubs and gentle foods. Toast, applesauce with cinnamon, mashed potatoes, cups of cool juice.

Mother-love.

A quiet, cozy day at home this first day of March.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry the kids aren't feeling so good! kevin is been battling a persistent ear infection. Hope everybody gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love that poetry book by Elsa Beskow.

    I'm having a hard time keeping my mind from daydreaming of all things Spring.

    Hope your family feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete