Monday, May 14, 2012

a celebration getaway :: taking in a little history and a whole lot more


I love:

cities and towns full of character and charm
old houses given a second chance
old things and old ways
maybe I was born in the wrong century
looking, looking, looking for truth and beauty in the commonplace
the joy I feel when it's found
capturing the light
oh yes
that's what it's all about
pink hollyhocks
my favorites
peace in this holy place, as in every other
walking along with his hand on my shoulder
him getting out of the car when that couple needed help 
when all they spoke was a little English with their French
could have given them directions, but took them there instead
how he found that twenty dollar bill on the grassy roadside and turned it in to the police station
that he loves the things I love



No comments:

Post a Comment