Thursday, June 7, 2012

in the studio: breezy summer linen pants


In between:

:: trying to find our groove with this this new summer routine
:: cooler than usual temperatures
:: summer clothing expedition (they've all outgrown everything)
:: temple and dinner out celebrating the upcoming nuptials (my sweet niece will be getting married tomorrow. Yay, Paula and Dexter!)
:: board games out on the deck
:: haircuts for the boys. And their mom.
:: wasp stingers
:: books and books and books

...I've found time to hole myself up in the sewing room.
Wondering why this time, this time with the kids all home, I seem to have more empty space in my days.
Listening while I work. U2 station on Pandora. So many interesting lectures from the Vegetarian Society of Hawaii website. (Check it out, my fellow plant eaters!)

Today I finished this project.
They'll go with everything.
My go-to pants.
Just long enough and short enough.
A length that seems right for the season.
So comfy. So breezy.
And that different method for the waistline gathers.
Love the look of that.
Ah, linen.

3 comments:

  1. They look so summery and comfy! - Are you so glad you can do it yourself? And you have the figure to wear them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pants! Sounds like summer is off to a good start. I was marveling, too, at how I'm getting more done with an extra kid in the house. It's amazing what a looser schedule does for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers On Linen Pants! My friend has recommended your blog and this is superb. After a glance I find solution to my question. I am proud of your efforts that made a difference.

    ReplyDelete