Monday, July 2, 2012

this morning's letter to Gary


Gary's sweet, shining smiling face I look at every day on my fridge. He sent this photo home a few weeks after he left.



Dear Gary,                                                                                     9:14 am, Monday, July 2, 2012

Oh, no! A toothache!?!!

We got the call this morning from someone at the MTC. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Especially as you are getting ready to go. I feel weird and unsettled knowing you have do go to the dentist and I'm not involved! I know that you are a grown man, but still, I feel my mother-nurturing instincts rearing it's head. I hope you can get it taken care of and that there isn't too much of a complication. Let us know.

We fasted yesterday and continue to have you and Elder K in our thoughts and prayers. I really hope you have felt a shift; either within yourself or with him. I know that the Lord is aware and will bless you both.

We also fasted yesterday, many of us here in the state, for rain, for the fires, for the firefighters. Everyday for the last few weeks there have been major fires. Just Friday a neighborhood in Heriman burned to the ground. I don't know if you heard about it or not. Fairvwiew was evacuated because of fires on the mountain. Felicia and Plinio were a little on edge, but I think it was still not in the vicinity. I can't remember if I told you, but last weekend Jane was supposed to go to a friend's cabin, but she called to tell her on Monday that it had burned to the ground. I can't imagine. So will you pray for rain? We need it.

Friday, the boys went to Fathers and Sons up at Mutual Dell. They had a fun time. Dad bought a new tent. Since Jane and I were the only ones around (Eliza was at camp- she had a ball on the river rafting trip, and she discovered a new found talent and interest in target shooting 22s. !!!- who new?? Brother Harper told me yesterday that she seems to be better than Sammy!) back to Jane... I picked her up and we got tickets at Wynnsong for Snow White and the Huntsman. A little dark and a little violent, but still okay. While we were there we ran into your 9th grade English teacher from UCAS. He looked so familiar and then I figured it out. (now I can't remember his name.) He was so nice and was so happy you are on your mission. Jane and I also had Chinese at Shoots there in the Riverwoods. We had a fun time together.

Well, we are getting excited about the 4th. Tonight for Family Night, we are going to Scera Park for Colonial Days. Isaac's excited. Tomorrow, I might take the kids down to Provo for the craft fair and Freedom Days. Oh, and we are going to see the balloon launch early in the morning. I'm toying around with running the Freedom Run on the morning of the fourth. We'll see. We'll go to the parade for sure and I'm not sure if the Pimentels want to get to get together for a barbeque. It'll be different with Mama and Papa gone. How are you guys going to celebrate? (Maybe you'll get something tomorrow... hint, hint... to put you in an Independance Day mood!!)

Oh my gosh. Just now, I heard the jets go over. Wow!!! It started to sound like a rumble, like someone bringing the garbages up on the driveway. Then it got super loud. Cool. They might be practicing for the big day.

Sure do love you, sweetheart. I'm sure you are getting excited for the 9th. (He'll be leaving for Finland that day.) Is there anything you want us to send before then? Anything you need to send home? We still need the scripture you want on your plaque. Anything else you can think of, let us know on Wed's letter.

Sunday we'll be for sure going to hear Ivana speak. So excited for her.

I'll sign off for now. Wishing you healing and peace, sweet boy. Wishing I could hold you in my arms. Missing you more than you'll ever know. So proud of the good you are doing. For the person that you are. I love you so much.

xoxo
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment