Saturday, August 25, 2012

late august kitchen on a saturday afternoon

 

It's been awhile since I went out to the garden. Amazing, the changes that can happen in a few days. That space has been a little neglected. Don't know why. A little weedier than I'd like. But still thriving.

So I haul it all in. Many trips worth. Get that apron on. That one act always gets me in gear. Into a serious kitchen mindset.

Before I get going, these raspberries are just too tempting. A little nibble here and there, a little camera action. This light that I just love and can never resist.

I stop to make Isaac his sandwich. He likes it toasted. Me, too. Make mine a BLT and hold the bacon.

Oh, there's nothing like tomatoes fresh from the vine.

I turn on my tunes for some get up and go.

I chop and chop those beautiful colors.

It's a meditation.

Salsa's done. 3 quarts worth. It'll tide us over for a few days. Good thing I just bought two big bags of chips. (They disappear fast around here.) Thinking Jane and her room mates would really go for a jar. I think I'll take some down later to surprise them.

1 comment:

  1. That would be a nice suprise for Jane - the garden veggies look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete