Tuesday, October 16, 2012

more autumn lovelies


I'm learning that it's a good thing, a very good thing, to always have my camera nearby and at the ready. With all the loveliness of this season, I just can't help myself. 

Like yesterday, as we were passing through the neighborhood of where I was born and lived for a (much too brief) time in my early childhood, we drove by a street that literally took my breath away. These quiet, tree lined streets blazing in all their glory. So, naturally, I (the kids know me and my crazy, impulsive ways by now) urgently sped around the block, found the perfect spot where I needed to be, slammed on the breaks, parked the car, and stood in the middle of the street to somehow try to capture it all. 

The neighbors probably thought I was nuts.

It seems like every time I'm out and about, I literally let out an audible, contented sigh for it all. This utter beauty that I can hardly contain in my soul.

And don't you just love Eliza's new boots? So fall-ish.