Wednesday, January 30, 2013

in the kitchen

As the snow continues to fall, I cook.


(I cook whether it's snowing or not.)

So here's what we've been eating this week. A little bit of what's been happening in my kitchen:

:: crepes topped with fresh berry puree for Sunday dinner.
:: oatmeal porridge and oatmeal pancakes for breakfasts.
:: hummus wraps in lavash bread (thank you Trader Joes) for school lunches.
:: apples dipped in peanut butter and popcorn cooked on the stove. (with a little bit of coconut oil drizzled on top.) 
:: almond milk hot cocoa. (Really hit the spot this snowy morning.)
:: homemade biscuits hot from the oven with apricot jam. (An extra thankful family last night. Can't remember the last time.)
:: lots and lots of fresh green salad with chopped up raw veg, roasted sunflower seeds, and garbanzo beans.
:: tangy almond dijon dressing for this week's salads from my friend Renee's ebook: Eat This: Meal Salads and Whole Food Dressings. (Thanks, Renee!)
:: potato, pepper, and onion stir fry for Tuesday's dinner to go with oven-roasted caramelized cabbage. Did you know you could roast cabbage? Yes, you can and it's yum. (Thanks, Jennifer!)
:: sweet potato, corn, and kale chowder from Clean Food. (Love this.)
:: stocking the freezer and lots of experimenting with this fun new book I downloaded on my iPad this morning (just $2.99!). Tons of raw and wholesome snack ideas and recipes in this one. 
:: garlicky-soy green beans with sticky tofu over brown rice. Roasted butternut squash with apples, and more green salad. Tonight's dinner.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to know the recipe for the balls that you made - they look yummy!

    Charlene in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlene!

    About that recipe for the balls that I made. They are found in that Raw Energy book I downloaded. I kind of feel uncomfortable posting the recipe here, as the book is copywrited, but for $2.99 for the kindle download, it seems pretty affortable if you are interested. Also, I'm sure if you do a search for fruit-nut energy bite, balls I'm sure you'll find a lot of recipes out there on the internet. The book, though, is really worth it. Lots of good stuff there all in one place.

    Thanks again for visiting, Charlene, and sorry it's taken all this time to get back to you on this.

    xo

    ReplyDelete