Wednesday, January 2, 2013

outside, inside



It's a cold one out. This morning's temperature registered a nippy 2 degrees F. Yesterday afternoon's run was cold, but not this cold. It was so sunny and bright and the snow was so beautiful that I couldn't resist and I could hardly wait. I found myself smiling almost the entire time; my heart bursting with it all. Really. Especially when I spied those two peaceful deer sitting there looking back at me in the thicket. And a whole bunch of new tunes (after two years of the same old, if you can believe it) to listen to, definitely adding to my get-up-and-go. I was so happy to get out and enjoy that sunshiny day.

Isaac's two school chums came over when I got home from that glorious run and it was so fun listening to all their little boy laughter, playing games and having fun together. The evening came and Keith's suggestion of Chinese take-out and one last time to watch a movie together brought our week long merry making, at last, to a close.

So this morning, the kitchen sink pipes were frozen and with a little effort with my blow dryer, all was resolved, thank goodness. No run for me today, it seems. Just going out for a few minutes and taking a few photos nearly froze my fingers off.

It's beautiful, though. I especially love how everything is frosty and icy with the extra moisture in this frigid air. The big kids headed back to school this morning and Isaac begins again tomorrow. I told him I thought I'd take Christmas down today, and he convinced me to wait until he goes, too.

Both of us relishing this one last day.

1 comment:

  1. Just in case you decide to close the comments again, I just wanted to let you know I'm still here, reading every post. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete