Friday, March 22, 2013

notes from a friday morning

 

 
creating:: It's the little things that seem to bring me the most contentment. A perfect capturing with my camera. The color of the vegetables I chop. The beauty that surrounds me that so often goes unnoticed until I mindfully bring my total attention to it. Like gathering bits of nature indoors, making little arrangements. March seems to be the month for blossoming, burgeoning tree branches.
 
noticing:: Softly falling snowflakes outside the window just now. One minute sun, the next blustering snow. Spring is so fickle where we live.
 
listening:: This mellow mood I'm in finds me gravitating to Eva Cassidy on my Grooveshark playlist. this and this.
 
eating:: Favorite and go-to breakfast lately has been a bowl of sweet cherries from the freezer, sliced banana, handful of raw oats topped with almond milk and a sprinkling of chia seeds.
 
reading:: Wallace Stegner's The Women on the Wall. A collection of short stories.
 
viewing:: The Scent of Green Papaya. Vietnamese film. So beautiful. Wanting to find more like this one.
 
dreaming:: Russian sports massage hand positions for the past few nights. A new class in the lineup this term. Those drills our instructor has us doing over and over must really be making an impression.
 
smiling:: Opening up the mailbox yesterday, the wonder, the surprise, the gladness over that cheery yellow envelope amongst bills and ads and junk mail. A "Thinking of You" card from a thoughtful neighbor some streets up from mine. Warm tears welling at the same time as the smiles. To be thought of in this way.
 
feeling:: At first I thought it was springtime seasonal allergies, now I think it's more like a cold. Stuffy, itchy, achy. No energy to do all the things that need to be done around here. For her soon- to- be departure. I had so many plans, so many things to cross off on my list this week. I probably can blame it on the cold, but I thing it's more like I'm in denial.
 
tender. teary. longing. overwhelmed. scattered. inward. reflective.
 


4 comments:

  1. "tender. teary. longing. overwhelmed. scattered. inward. reflective."

    these words describe me perfectly, too...you mentioned preparing for "her to leave". Do you have a child going off to college? My oldest is a senior and will be leaving for college soon and I am not dealing with it very well...on top of just dealing with depression and anxiety on a daily basis.

    I am glad I came across your blog...your library looks amazing. We will always have real books, too...always. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    I'm so glad you are here. Your sharing on your own blog resonates with me so much.

    About Jane's departure. I just shared more details about it all on my post this morning.

    My heart goes out to you in your own "empty nesting" like I've been experiencing. My heart goes out to you, as well, with your own emotional struggles. I think you know by now that I have a glimpse of those very real and very tender feelings.

    Hugs to you, dear. xo

    ReplyDelete