Monday, May 20, 2013

morning after



Unlike most mornings, I drove him to school.
It must have rained during the night,
but I seemed to have slept through it.
I was so tired,
oh so bone weary.
And ah, these Sunday nights.
Too late to bed and wide awake a little before five.
Yet again.

I let go of the usual routine.
No walk, no run today.
The mist on the mountains
drew me in
instead.

So I made a quick dash at home
and grabbed the camera.
Grasping,
eager in my rush
to catch it all
before it was too late.

A seeker.
A looker.
A finder.
A lover.

Wandering around
for nearly an hour.
Up to the foothills and circling back down
once or twice.

So satisfied.
Soul satisfied
and replenished
as rest now,
at last
enters in.





2 comments:

  1. You have a very lovely blog :) visiting from heather's workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cabin and mountain photos are amazing! It must have been such a lovely walk - especially with a camera to document it all. : )

    ReplyDelete