Wednesday, May 15, 2013

now



looking: the clouds are magnificent today. Towering puffs against the vivid blue. So glad I had the camera with me in the car when I went off for a quick errand this morning. Pulling over to the side of the road for these little impromptu stops is a common occurrence for me nowadays. I'm finding that having it handy is essential when I want and need to catch these fleeting moments and beautiful scene-scapes.

listening: Fleetwood Mac

creating: someone was way too generous on Mother's Day. It's not like our old blender (which is attached to my Bosch mixer) wasn't functional. But this new one-- wow. Looking forward to creating lots of good things in the kitchen in the days and years to come.

wearing: tan T-shirt, bare feet, and brown shorts I sewed last summer.

doing: it's all about studying these days. Plopping myself on the floor in my room with my materials spread out all over. (It's a common sight.)

Tonight, part two of my anatomy final. Written comprehensive anatomy (everything we've learned since October...ehhhh.) continued next week. Earned a perfect score on Monday night's written Russian sports massage final and a 96 out of 100 points on the hands-on portion. (Just call me Olga.)

I'm very grateful that I've been able to maintain a 4.0 so far, but if that drops, I'm okay with it. I've learned that the only thing I can do is my best, and if my family's needs take precedence, I know where my priorities are and should be.

Excited for next terms class offerings: Acupressure, trigger point, and pathology. Good stuff.

eating: lunch was leftover minestrone from the pot I took over to my parents yesterday afternoon. Rice crackers, hummus, and the last of this morning's green smoothie.

homekeeping: with everything that's been going on, the house and garden have been neglected. Just trying to get by with the basics. And... the garden... sigh. I haven't even started getting the beds tilled and weeded and readied. Hopefully, this weekend we can get out and get going.

reading: not a lot of time for recreational reading as I'd like, but I've been (so far) enjoying The Elegance of the Hedgehog, as well as pouring over a few photography books I picked up at the library.

going: leaving in a bit to my school library volunteer job.

wishing and dreaming: oh how I'd love to go somewhere. To get away and see new things, new places. To have a retreat. To have a vacation, a break from it all. Most summers allow time for those types of things, but with my school demands, there will be no break in sight until after mid October when I graduate. It'll all be worth it, though. Thinking that Fridays will be reserved and cherished as the day for little day trips and excursions.

1 comment:

  1. :) You make me smile. Love you, girl!

    So excited for you and the awesome way you are taking on all of your schooling, with all of the other challenges that life throws! Love the way you take care of your family! <3

    The bottom picture is exceptionally awesome - I LOOOOOOOVE, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete