Monday, July 15, 2013

journaling



eating and cooking: A half a pan of sweet cherry cobbler I made for dessert last night is sitting in the fridge. We'll save the rest for tonight. More of last night's leftovers-- potato chickpea curry over rice-- made another appearance for me at lunchtime this afternoon. So good. Breakfast was my old standby these days: a handful of raw oats with a sprinkling of chia seeds, topped with almond milk and whatever fruit is available. Sliced frozen banana, raspberries, and mango today. With all the different combination possibilities, this never gets old. 

Oh, and what a true pleasure it was to eat out of the beautiful bowl I picked up from my dear friend Norris (Potter Man) while at the local farmer's market the other day. Just holding the weight of it in my hands; the coloration, the form--perfect in every way for me.

doing: gave a massage this morning for a second time client. I'm slowly building up a steady clientele of which I'm grateful.

reading: I'm realizing that my days of carefree novel reading may be coming to a close, at least for the next little while, and possibly extending until October. I need to really buckle down and focus my reading time on my acupressure, trigger point, and pathology texts, (as finals are soon approaching for these classes), as well as set time aside between all the regular study time to prepare for my licensing exam that I'll take near the time I graduate this fall.

smiling: seeing a handwritten card-- her unique and instantly recognizable hand-- sitting in the mailbox this afternoon. A "just because" love note. A gesture so thoughtful and so kind. Making my day.

gardening: well, at least the plants are still alive. Even if they are in a jungle of weeds. Grateful that the children have taken over more of the watering duties. Hopefully, we'll be able to get out there soon and get things looking better than they are right now.

listening: I could listen to this song over and over. Which I'm doing a lot of these days-- Simon and Garfunkel's  For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her. Oh, the sweet, mellow sound of that acoustic guitar...the poetic lyrics... I don't think I know of a song about an Emily, too. Oh, my heart... 

viewing: I can't remember the last time I have been able to stay awake watching a movie. Saturday night, I almost made it through before I started to dozy off. Second time I've seen Baran; a beautiful Iranian film. You can find it on Netflix.

feeling: I'm tired. And sleepy. I didn't get much sleep last night and got up too early which is typical of me. If I'm moving and active, the lack of sleep doesn't get to me, but once I park myself to read or study (or watch movies), I'm a gonner.

wishing: I could take the pain away for this child of mine.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures !! I am a new follower and love your blog.
    LOts of luck with your reading ; )

    ReplyDelete