Friday, July 5, 2013

to walk by a stream on a summer afternoon

 
 
 
 
"I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer. My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music. It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips."

~Violette Leduc
 
 
 
 
 
"Once in a lifetime, perhaps, one escapes the actual confines of the flesh. Once in a lifetime, if one is lucky, one so merges with sunlight and air and running water that whole eons, the eons that mountains and deserts know, might pass in a single afternoon without discomfort."

~Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

 

 
“I was the world in which I walked.”
 
~Wallace Stevens


 
 
"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out until sundown: for going out, I found, was really going in."

~John Muir

 

 
"If you are walking to seek, ye shall find." 
~Sommeil Liberosensa

No comments:

Post a Comment