Wednesday, November 13, 2013

finding gratitude





 With the celebration of Thanksgiving Day coming up here in the states, it's natural for many of our hearts to turn towards gratitude this month. I not only believe it is one of the most important spiritual practices there is, but I also believe it has a power to shift oneself into greater joy and greater peace. I know this for myself. 

This blog has been a tool in this regard. Capturing all the good and beautiful in my life. Turning thankfulness into something tangible. Like going on my own treasure hunt, if you will. A concrete way to acknowledge, note, and record mostly the simple, every day blessings that surround me.

On and off, I've kept running lists of things I'm grateful for. I have journals full of them. Unfortunately, I've gotten away from doing this in the last year or so. Recently, I felt inspired to start another journal solely dedicated to gratitude. (I won't deny the fact that I always get a little rush of pleasure just starting start a new, fresh journal!)

I've been thinking more and more that this naming and listing not only brings me joy, but it may also be the means to allow even greater abundance into my life. As my heart is full, as my hand records, and as my eyes observe these lists and lists, it's only natural that this practice will become a magnet to attract even more blessings and greater joy to come into my life. 

This week as been quiet. One of introspection, too. The cold that was brewing at the end of last week hit with full force on Sunday. Enough to put me to bed for a couple of days.  I can't remember the last time that's happened. Grateful for the chance to rest, to read through many of the books I picked up on Saturday's trip to the library, watch a couple of movies on Netflix, and just enjoy a slower pace. Maybe it's my body's way of  "decompressing" after  the intense push I experienced in October.

A pot of comforting soup was made and has been enjoyed, too. Yesterday, I made some homemade body wash to go with the shampoo I made last week. I can't tell you how yummy they are. Even made some healing salves, too.

Grateful to help the two clients I gave massages to today. I love this work and I'm loving my days.

P.S. Just want to (finally, finally!) express my gratitude, love, joy, and wonder for all you dearies who have left comments here (or through email or Facebook) this past while. I feel terrible when I don't acknowledge all your sweet words of kindness, encouragement, and friendship. I hope you know how much each word touches my heart. That you would even take the time out of your busy lives to stop by.

I'm so glad you are here. 
xo





3 comments:

  1. So are you a massage therapist? I'm a massage therapist-ha! small world.
    Love your images today and agree that appreciation of all the blessings in ones day are the greatest spiritual practice one can do.
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy stopping in here at your blog. Thank you for the liberal doses of optimism and beauty that you add with each post. Season's best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love stopping in here - the calm of your words and photos is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete