Wednesday, December 11, 2013

finding joy :: gingerbread and christmas concert



I mixed up the dough right before I left to pick him up.
All ready to cut out when we'd get home.

I put some traditional carols on.
Adding to the mood, the nostalgia.
This smell always takes me right back to my childhood.
Ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and molasses...
Christmas just isn't Christmas without them.

We'll hang some on the kitchen tree.
Attach some to the packages and gift baskets.
A pioneer, old fashioned Christmas is the idea.


They had their concert tonight at our library.
Couldn't think of a more perfect place than that.
So much more room than past years at the bookstore.

I can't get over how well he plays.
Just two years, three days a week, in music class.
And wouldn't Jane have been happier than a clam to see her little brother following in her footsteps.



1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, gingerbread. I so love it too, the smell, the lemon sauce on gingerbread cake, it is all part of the season. Right now I have a pan of gingerbread cake on my counter that I can't look at after having the flu. This is not good. I was supposed to make all my gingerbread cookies this weekend too.... The violin, lovely. It is so amazing how quickly children pick things up. If only we adults could learn as fast!

    ReplyDelete