Friday, April 4, 2014

currently





making:: my bed for the first time in a week yesterday. an all time record.

drinking:: lemon water in a quart jar.

eating:: handful of raw oats, sprinkling of chia and ground flaxseed, strawberry, mango, and banana slices, almond milk poured over all.

thinking and feeling:: the aftermath of the heart and tear-filled talk between me and my dad last night. three full hours of me sitting on his bed and him in his recliner.

thanking:: a reminder, an epiphany, a discovery... for his listening ears, his council, his understanding, his support, his friendship, his unconditional love.

remembering:: it dawning on me yesterday that was the one year anniversary of jane leaving on her mission. i left the dishwasher partially unloaded and had to read my blog just to make sure my hunch was right. so grateful that i've kept this record. and can i just tell you how my heart aches for her.

wearing: keith's green and blue plaid hand-me-down flannel pajama bottoms, long sleeve navy tee. slippers.

listening:: nora jones, florence and the machine.

liking:: tree blossoms. even if they're covered in
snow. (like yesterday morning.)

hoping:: to be able to walk without pain. i get around slowly, but can't quite bear full weight on my foot/heel. trying to exercise patience. taking one day at a time.

laughing:: "anyone up for a game of connect-the-dots?" when doing a show-and-tell of my foot to the kids. (the bandage is off and everything a-okay.) eliza turning away from my poor, purple frankenstein-y foot with it's grid mark holes covering the bottom half: "now i can't get that image out of my mind, mom!" she shrieks.

pinning:: this, this, and this. (etc, etc, and etcetera..)

reading:: just finished The Well Tempered Heart, sequel to The Art of Hearing Heartbeats. such beautiful, lyrical writing in both novels. like a meditation. another on the stack: wayne dyer's Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao. i can't get enough of this man.

smelling:: the blue hyacinth sitting on the kitchen table that hillary brought over. intoxicating.

watching:: The Impossible (can't remember the last time i truly cried in a movie), Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (eh. higher hopes for this one...)

celebrating:: sam's 18th birthday tomorrow. he wants bacon.

texting:: to keith while lying in bed and him downstairs doing the taxes: me wants cookies.
to sam and eliza every afternoon at 3:35 without fail: i'm here.
(pretty much the extent of me and texting.)

wishing:: with the kid's having the whole week off next week with spring break, wouldn't it be nice to get away somewhere and have fun. sigh. i guess we'll just have to wait for our planned summer vacation to california in june.


9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you keep this up, too, otherwise I'd never hear what is going on in your house. I haven't read your blog in a while (I've had my own issues) and I'm now just discovering you're enjoying surgery recovery. You're such a trooper! Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you, even if it's just a smile. Love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, I'm worried about you. I saw on your blog that something is going on. I'm here for you, friend! Thanks for your love. xo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful words. Wish I had more time to read and write, life moves too fast at my house. Hope to see you running soon.

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia, so fun to see you here! Miss seeing your friendly waves out on the road. Are you running Ragnar? I wish I could... someday...

      Delete
  3. XOXO--- what happened, surgery?!?!?!? Life has been crazy, I need to shoot you an email.... love, and a speedy recovery! j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're here!! I've missed you and have been wondering how you've been. I'd love an email when you have a moment to breathe. xo

      Delete
  4. BTW-- The Art of Hearing Heartbeats has been on my side table for weeks. I look forward to life slowing down a bit and reading it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll love it. So beautiful.

      Delete
  5. You have such a special relationship with you Dad, it is so sweet. Cherish it, as I know you do. Uggg, I have nothing like that with mind sadly. I wish I did. Each day your getting better! So good to hear!

    ReplyDelete