Monday, May 5, 2014

weekending


:: weeding, raking, clearing, planting, pruning, mowing. I get the lettuces, kale, chard, collards, broccoli, cabbages, onions, and some (hearty) herbs in the ground. (Heading back out this morning.) Everyone else helping in the yard on Saturday. This is feeling so good.

:: so touched with his doorstep visit, his flowers, and his sharing with me Thich Nhat Hanh's Peace Is Every Breath. (finished the book the next morning.) Both of these men's wisdom, words, and goodness have nourished and blessed my life.

:: Eliza turns 16 years old on Friday. We go out to dinner with Mama and Papa to her requested Taiwanese restaurant. Canyon road drive home, these kids and I living it up with sun roof open and the music turned up loud. 

:: attended the Saturday morning baptism of my little friend who I teach on Sunday afternoons at church. One of the sweetest smiles I've ever seen.

:: special birthday outing with my girl. Local artisan craft fair (left with a quartz pendant necklace for her and a jar of herbal salve for me), sushi lunch, art museum, splitting a strawberry smoothie, and shopping for new and needed clothes. So grateful that we are friends.

::church on Sunday and the gift of sweet and sincere friendship I feel and have found.

:: Sunday naps for all.

:: we meet Sam's (special) friend visiting from France.

:: coconut-lemon birthday cake for the birthday girl.

:: writing and receiving their weekly emails. So happy that they are so happy. Relieved that Jane seems to be on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment