Wednesday, May 21, 2014

well done

photo courtesy of Johan Finne

 
(from Sunday's email)
 
 
"Dearest Gary,
 
...Your mission became a gift not only for you, but to so many, including me. Your example has strengthened me so much. Who you've become and are as a person-- I couldn't feel any greater happiness and pride in a child of mine. For your total love, devotion, dedication, and consecration you've given to your mission, the Finnish people, your companions, and most especially, to the Lord. With all my heart, I thank you. And I can say with all the conviction of my heart that if the Lord were there to speak to you as you sit down on that plane that will take off and fly over that land that you love-- (I know that your eyes will fill with tender, longing tears, as I felt when leaving Portugal)-- I know that if the Lord was sitting next to you on that plane He would look you in the eyes and say with a sweet, tender smile, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."
 
Gary, I will say as your beloved mother and most faithful friend -- the one that knows you better and loves you more than any other soul-- I say now to you these same words:
 
Well done, my dear beloved son.
 

...I love you more than you'll ever know. I can't wait to look into your eyes, and feel you in my arms. To shed tears with you. To hear your voice and hear your stories. We will have a lot of time for that. A lot of time to be together and talk. I'm so looking forward to it all, my dear.
 
Until Thursday!
 
Mom xoxoxo"

7 comments:

  1. So very well said, Emily... I can only imagine you anticipation, and food prep ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Jacqueline.
    Your emails have meant so much to me. I'll write when things slow down a little.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful Emily. Today is Thursday! I was thinking of you and this day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, my friend. We'll talk soon.
      xo

      Delete
  4. Journeys of love and dedication...yours and his! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Journeys of love and dedication...yours and his! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love you, Mane. Thank you for your endless support.
      xo

      Delete