Friday, October 10, 2014

currently


smiling:: "Prepare yourself to be impressed!" Isaac told me before I left for his parent-teacher conference the other day.

liking:: I switched out the summer porch for pumpkins, cornstalks, and a hay bale this week; (still need to dig out the scarecrow girl from the disastrous storage room) also hung up the maple leaf stained glass sun catcher my brother made.

exciting:: Jane winning first prize in the company-wide (doTERRA) salsa making competition yesterday. This salsa (she made it up as she went along) was absolutely amazing: black beans, corn, tomatoes, grilled pineapple and sweet pepper chunks, etc., with a blended mango-lime-cumin dressing. I wish you could have seen the huge, beaming smile on her face after work; her arms holding a basket of super-duper prizes. She's such a great cook. She says if it were possible, she'd go to culinary school, she loves cooking so much. Way to go, girl! 

outing:: taking Isaac on a date after school today. (it's his early-out day). We'll see a movie at the dollar movie place, get a treat and look for a robe for his Jawa (Star Wars sand people) Halloween costume. 

Tomorrow, my friend Heidi and I will go to a gluten-free expo, then lunch. Can you believe this will be my fourth friend lunch date in one week's time? So awesome.

cooking:: potato salad and baked beans for last night's supper. 

reading:: picked up Wayne Dyer's Real Magic: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life for a dollar at the thrift store yesterday. I've learned so much from this man's writings.

listening:: I always feel so happy, smiling and wanting to just get up and dance when I hear this song. 
Also, enjoying Lisa Grace Byrne's Creativity in a Busy Life, and also her Replenish audio. Good stuff.

wearing:: new ankle boots (fun, even if I only get to wear one at a time) a first for me as I'm venturing out into the world of fashion. On sale with an additonal extra bonus coupon, too. Score!

noticing:: autumn leaves. always autumn leaves.


1 comment:

  1. Ooohhhh, that salsa sounds so good! She should go to culinary school!

    ReplyDelete