Thursday, November 27, 2014

thanksgiving


“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” 

Thornton Wilder



I've been up since the crack of dawn. On pie duty as I am most years. Lingering thoughts of last night's houseful when we hosted Greta's family (ours and theirs totaling 15 children!) for dinner and games. So much fun, laughter, and love here.

We will leave in an hour to join my extended family for dinner, stacked plates, and more laughter.

Wishing all of you dear ones a day filled with warm smells, filled bellies, and happy hearts. Your presence here and friendship towards me has been one of the grandest blessings of my life.

lots of love
and xo

E

2 comments:

  1. Those pies are absolute works of art---how do you EVER intertwine the lattice without it looking like monkeys did Rapunzel's braids? (speaking of my own, of course).\

    And your beautiful family---what blessings! Thank you so much for joining us at LAWN TEA, and I hope you had all the wonders and blessings of Thanksgiving.!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I've been meaning to tell you: Anytime I scroll down past your picture up there, the cool, clear notes of ". . . fast falls the Eventide" sing in my mind.

    ReplyDelete