Monday, December 22, 2014

christmastime is here!


It looks like we might have a white Christmas after all.

A happy surprise to wake up to this morning.
No snow at all this month until now.

I've been baking bread, as usual.
The loaves I like to make for special deliveries.

We've decked the halls.

Our elf Twinky has come every night this month, leaving us a little gift to wake up to.

Pomegranates (a special treat last week)
are beautiful, don't you think?


We've been cutting pretty snowflakes.

I got to meet darling Sam (the winner of my giveaway) who was in town. So nice to sit down and get to know each other in real life.
 School is out, end of term projects have been completed and turned in, and grueling finals are over.

I just needed to show you Eliza's latest drawings. A continuing year-long focus on women and beauty.

Spent yesterday morning in my pajamas wrapping presents to tuck under the tree.

Shopping is done and it feels so good to be on the downhill.

 Helped Gary pack up and clean his last bachelor apartment Saturday night. Sharing some really tender time and talk with him as he prepares for his marriage this Saturday. 

My heart is full and tender, too.

G & G left for sunny California yesterday
 and we will head out Friday.

This is going to be a special and eventful week for us in so many ways.

xo

2 comments:

  1. A very special week for your family indeed! Eliza's drawings are stunning....as always! Such talented kiddos you have. Merry Christmas Emily, I know its a busy time for you, I'm really hoping you are able to find some relaxing time amongst it all. Oh, your bread is perfection! No snow in NS either, in fact it is going to be 18 degrees and rain Christmas day. "You get what you get and you don't get upset".....Pinkalicious. I use this quote ALL THE TIME! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, too, my dear, and be on the lookout for a little package via UPS.
      Merriest of Christmases, Renee!

      Delete