Friday, January 30, 2015

winter vision board



After I get the kids out the door and off to school...
After I gather old forgotten periodicals and calenders 
off the closet shelf...
After I turn on the Windham Hill station on Pandora...
After I plop myself down on the floor with scissors and tape...

I begin to cut.
I begin to arrange.
I begin to create.

Searching,
looking and listening 
to heart-whispered
messages and meanings;
these certain and chosen
images speaking to my soul.

This introspective and simple practice a tool,
helping me,
reminding me
of the intentions, the feelings, the mood,
the longings and vision I have 
for this season
of winter.


(other past vision boards here and here.)

1 comment:

  1. I have never done a vision board, but my wife has done vision boards with my children, and they love it.

    ReplyDelete