Friday, June 19, 2015

summer vision board... and other thoughts



Today's agenda:

:: wake up at 3:57 am.
:: back to dreamland and semi-awake tossing and turning until I force myself to get up, get dressed, call down to Eliza to come upstairs to take Lucy out, and finally head out for a run.
:: let the sprinkler water a dry spot in the front yard.
:: sit at the computer and check things out.
:: make some notes in my journal.
:: fix a big bowl of oatmeal with mashed banana and nectarine chunks. 
:: soak in a scented bath.
:: ready myself for the day, make my bed, tidy the bedroom.
::meditate for 20 minutes, kneel and pray.
:: run to the library and take home some goodies.
:: pick up Dad's Father's Day concert tickets (Sergio Mendes is coming to town! This Brazilian jazz so much a part of my childhood memories. I think he's really going to enjoy this gift.)
:: open the mailbox and see that the boy's wedding ties came. yay!
:: eat some of last night's leftovers (Himalayan Kitchen) brought home from Roy's 6oth surprise birthday party.
:: check email and smile big when I see Renee's sweet note. (thanks, Dear!)
:: pick up Jane and run her to Provo. 
:: need to clean the grody outside fridge-- work out a money making opportunity with Eliza. She's willing and I'm off the hook.
:: decide to pull out some old periodicals and make a summer vision board. Nice to do something creative and relaxing like this today. (winter and spring boards here and here.)
:: Isaac walks in and decides to join me. His turns out to be a "cookie" board thanks to the stash of Martha Stewart Living magazines in the bathroom. ("Boy, I'm sure hungry now, Mom!" he exclaims.)
:: off now to fold some laundry and think about dinner plans and preps.

Enjoy your weekend, friends. As always, thanks so much for stopping by and sharing a bit of my world. 

Hoping all your summer visions and dreams come true, too! 
xo




Would you like a cookie?

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful, interesting, "newsie"-type of post. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smile big too when I make it to a blog post! Thanks & your welcome. Love the cookie vision board. Sometimes I waste time on pinterest just looking at cakes and cookies.

    ReplyDelete